Welcome to St. Gertrude Parish, Krakow, MO
Let me begin by welcoming you to our site; we are honored by your visit! Founded in 1845, St. Gertrude has been a faith-community for over 175 years. We are known for our warm welcome, strong families and excellent school (Pre-k thru 8th grade). On these pages you will find a taste of who we are and what we are about . . . but please don’t stop with just a nibble! Contact us for more information or come join us and see for yourself. Know that you are ALWAYS welcome at St. Gertrude!!!
During Social distancing, Mass is Live Streamed
on our Facebook page Sunday - Friday Click HERE
Saturday 4:30p, Sunday 7:30am & 10:30am
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8am, Wednesday 8:45am
Confessions: Tuesday 7:30-7:45am, Saturday 3:45-4:15pm, Sunday 6:45-7:15am
Eucharistic Adoration: Monday 8:30-Noon
Rosary: The rosary is prayed every Tuesday in Church at 6pm
Padre Pio Prayer Group: meets after 7:30am Mass every 1st Sunday of the month
We have two dinners and one picnic every year.
Third Sunday in January - Pork Sausage Dinner serving from 11am to 6pm
First Sunday in June - Krakow Picnic! serving dinner from 11am to 6pm and a Picnic on our parish grounds.
Third Sunday in September - Chicken and Beef Dinner serving from 11am to 6pm
Since we are celebrating our 175th Anniversary we are making a new pictorial directory and want YOU to be included - it won't be complete with out you! You can easily make your appointment to be photographed by using this link:
Our photography dates are June 25, 26, 29, 30 and July 1, 2021
Be photographed for the new directory and receive your copy of the directory and an 8x10 portrait of your family at no charge. To get your copy of the directory you must be in the directory. Make your appointment and do your part to make this the best directory ever!
Parish Office Hours
St. Gertrude Staff
- Fr. Carl Scheble, Pastor
- Fr. Bernard Wilkins, Retired in-residence
- Deacon Charles Gildehaus, Permanent Deacon
- Deacon Dave Ewing, Deacon
- Tina Seals, Office Manager
- Michelle Gildehaus, Liturgical Coordinator
- Michelle Buddenhagen, Finance Coordinator
- Jim Heidmann, Maintenance Supervisor
- Debbie Wells, School Principal
- Tina Van Booven, School Secretary
The Latest Parish News Blog
News & Events
Same theme, new date! Please mark your calendars for our upcoming Dinner Auction this October 23, 2021. We hope you make plans to be there to Make Your Mark on the tradition and future of St. Gertrude Parish and School. This is one of our biggest fundraisers that we unfortunately had to cancel last year- but will be going forward with this year. More information to follow; we can't wait for you to celebrate with us!”
Mini Food Pantry
There is an ongoing need for donations to St. Gertrude’s Little Food Pantry.
Parishioners of both St. Gertrude and St. Ann churches are invited to join in the mission to maintain the pantry for people in need.
Located on the parking lot between the St. Gertrude rectory and the cemetery, the pantry is free and open to all, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The slogan is: “Take What You Need; Leave What You Can.”
All types of non-perishable food, especially protein, are needed. No glass bottles or jars. Personal hygiene items also are needed.
Please help if you can by dropping off items at the pantry. If the pantry is full, please leave items at the rectory and they will be picked up and stored for use later.
Thank you for your help.
Annual Catholic Appeal
https://youtu.be/Mr2iFvt9Fkk Click this link for the ACA video
St. Gertrude now offers a membership to
"Formed" for all its members.
Click the link http://signup.formed.org/
Enter the Parish Zip Code or Name
Enter your name and email
You are then on your way to some amazing Catholic content that is sure to grow your faith.
Become a Member of St. Gertrude Parish
Click HERE for Registration Page
Protecting God's Children
At St. Gertrude Parish & School we love ALL God's children, no matter what age. If you are being abused or suspect someone is being abused please report it. To Report Abuse
Do you need Assistance?
We have a St. Vincent dePaul Society that helps those in need in our community. If you need assistance please call 636-239-3919 and leave a message.
Readings for the week of May 9, 2021
- Sunday: Acts 10:25-26, 34-35, 44-48 / Ps 98:1, 2-3, 3-4 [cf. 2b] / 1 Jn 4:7-10 / Jn 15:9-17
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149:1b-2, 3-4, 5-6a and 9b [cf. 4a] / Jn 15:26—16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8 [7c] / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22—18:1 / Ps 148:1-2, 11-12, 13, 14 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98:1, 2-3ab, 3cd-4 [cf. 2b] / Jn 16:16-20 Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20
- Friday: Acts 1:15-17, 20-26 / Ps 113:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8  / Jn 15:9-17
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47:2-3, 8-10, 10 [8a] / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or 4:1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17, 20a, 20c-26 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19