- Funeral Luncheon Volunteers: The ladies/men of this organization organize and serve lunches following parish funerals at St. Gertrude Parish.
- Marriage Prep Mentors: Marriage mentors prepare couples for the Sacrament of Matrimony.
- Parish Flower Gardening: These volunteers plan, organize and maintain the numerous flowerbeds on the parish grounds.
- Grounds and Maintenance Volunteer: These volunteers assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the parish grounds and buildings under the direction of the maintenance supervisor.
- Church Decorator/Art and Environment Team: The work of the Church decorators is fully seen during the Christmas holidays, and the seasons of Lent and Easter. These gifted artists and decorators add to the beauty of Church by sharing their talents of beauty and inspiration.
- Special Church Cleaner-2x/yr: Our church gets a regular cleaning every week, but needs extra care every 6 months or so. These volunteers help with cleaning all the lights, statues, baseboards, walls, etc. This is necessary, not only to keep our church looking good, but for the maintenance upkeep.
- Young Old Timers: YOTS is a ministry for people 50 years of age and older who ‘aspire to inspire before we expire’. The group gathers in the Parish Center cafeteria at 1:30 pm on the 2nd YOTS is a social club with a mission to love, to touch and to make a difference in the lives of the people in the community. Activities include entertainment, playing games and enjoying refreshments. It is a wonderful time to get to know more people and to make good friends.
- BBQ Worker: The Men’s Club manages the St. Gertrude Parish Barbecue Stand during the months of June through September annually. Delicious barbecued pork steak and chicken are available there at a very reasonable price. Workers are needed to staff the barbecue stand, to prepare the food, and to handle the many items needed to provide these delicious meals.
- Facility & Safety Team: This committee conducts inspections and evaluations of the buildings, facilities and grounds of St. Gertrude Parish. Each is evaluated in terms of: safety concerns, immediate maintenance needs, preventative maintenance improvements and the need for future development.
- Quilter: These are ladies who are dedicated to the craft of hand-made quilts. They meet on Wednesday evenings and Thursday mornings in the Helfta House. Proceeds from quilt sales and raffles benefit the parish and school. New quilters are welcome to join in and no experience necessary.
- Parish Office Volunteer: From time to time, the Parish Office staff needs the assistance of volunteers to handle large mailings, and the inclusion of the bulletin inserts with the Sunday church bulletin. These volunteers are a great blessing with these tasks.
- Collection Counter: This volunteer helps count weekend collections once a month on Monday mornings.
- Stewardship Team: The Stewardship Team handles the annual St. Gertrude Parish Stewardship effort in September. They educate and inform the parish about the meaning and value of Stewardship.
- Welcome Team: The welcome team welcomes our new parishioners to our parish family. They may visit and encourage them to be active in our Parish Community.
- Cemetery Board: The Parish Cemetery Board oversees the operation of the parish cemetery. The Board writes the Cemetery Guidelines and revises them as needed.
- Cheer Committee: Volunteers deliver baskets and cards from the school children to the sick and shut ins. These baskets are delivered three times a year at Easter, summer and Christmas.
- Golf Tournament Committee /Worker: Gertrude Parish annually hosts a Golf Tournament in the spring of each year. Workers are needed both during the planning and preparation stages and for the Golf Tournament itself.
- ACA Volunteer: On opening ACA weekend, these volunteers take pledges after masses and make follow up phone calls to those who did not fill out their ACA cards.
If you are interested in any of these Organizations please contact the Parish office 636-239-4216 x272 or complete the Stewardship form belowStewardship form