- Prayer Chain Member: Prayer Chain Members commit themselves to praying for the sick and suffering members of our parish and extended community. Prayer Chain members offer their prayers at a time and in a style of their own choosing.
- Adult Funeral Servers: These older adults of the parish provide the ministry of Server for Parish Funerals. This is open to both men and women of mature age who are able and willing to serve the Funeral Masses. Since these Masses typically are on weekday mornings, the Funeral Servers need to be available at those times.
- Funeral Choir Member: These are members of the parish who provide singing for the Funeral Masses at St. Gertrude Parish. Since most funerals are during the week and in the morning, funeral choir members need to be available to sing at those times.
- Bible Study/Catholicism: Opportunities to study the Bible through programs at St. Gertrude and St. Ann parishes are offered in the spring and fall annually.
- Vincent de Paul Society: The St. Vincent de Paul Society is dedicated to serving the poor and the needy of our parish and community. They have meetings on the First Sunday of each month. They handle requests from those in need of assistance on a regular basis. They sponsor parish collections and drive to provide assistance for the poor and those in need.
- Vacation Bible School: A volunteer opportunity to help bring the stories of the Bible to life for school age children. This program usually runs the 2nd week in July.
- Faith Formation Team: The Faith Formation Team is composed of members of St. Gertrude and St. Ann Parishes. They plan and offer opportunities for Faith Development of parishioners, through Parish Missions, adult education, retreats, and the Men and Women Catholic Conferences.
- RCIA Team: The RCIA Team operates on a year-round basis working with those interested in joining the Catholic Church during a period of preparation.
- Worship Committee: The Worship Committee meets monthly and is most active for the Advent/Christmas seasons and the Lent/Holy Week/Easter Seasons.
- Eucharistic Minister: Eucharistic Ministers assist with the distribution of Holy Communion for the Saturday evening and Sunday Masses. These dedicated parishioners are needed to be able to provide the body and blood of Christ to every parishioner.
- Home Minister of Holy Communion: The Home Ministers are special Eucharistic Ministers who take Holy Communion to the homebound/nursing home parishioners on Sunday mornings. They gather at the 7:30 am. Mass and following Mass they go to visit and spend time with the homebound.
- Ushers/Greeters: Ushers are parishioners who greet those attending Mass as they come to our Church. They assist all in finding places, manage the collection, initiate the offertory procession, distribute bulletins, seeing to the safe and secure handling of the offertory collection, etc. They serve as ministers of welcome, hospitality, and good order at our Church.
- Servers-Adult/Children: Servers can be adult or child parishioners who assist Father at Mass.
- Lectors: These parishioners proclaim the Word of God. Lectors proclaim the first and second readings, and with the choir and musicians lead the Responsorial Psalm. Qualifications are the ability to speak in public and a voice sufficient to be heard throughout Church.
- Choir/Musician: Gertrude Parish is gifted with many talented musicians and singers, but we are always in the search for more. With four weekend Masses and numerous other occasions when music richly enhances our worship, the talents of all musicians and singers are appreciated.
Contact Persons – 4:30 pm –Barb Straatmann
7:30 am – Joan Marquart 2nd & 4th weekends
Carolyn Riley 1st, 3rd & 5th weekends
10:30 am – Don Kluba 1st & 3rd weekends
Danette Eckelkamp 2nd & 4th weekends (Youth Choir)
If you are interested in any of these Ministries please contact the Parish Office 636-239-4216 x271